Aero Modeling held at GD Somani Memorial
ACTIVITIES OF THE INTERACT CLUB OF THE YEAR OF 2010-2011
FIRST TERM-APRIL TO JULY
• The students of class X went to Silvassa for a Social Service Camp (SSC) where they generously donated Rice, Sugar, Dal, Biscuits, Clothes and stationery among tribal people. Hampers were made comprising these items and given to each family in the village. It was enriching experience for the children who made them realize how fortunate they are and inculcated in them the value of Sharing with the less fortunate.
• Few American teachers visited our school and interacted with the students to emphasize on “BAN OF SMOKING”.
SECOND TERM-AUGUST TO DECEMBER
• The science exhibition and the E.V.E. exhibition was held in our school. Models were made in modern ways of water conservation and many schools were invited to the exhibition. This gave the students an opportunity to study their topic in detail and then share their knowledge with other students.
• Our school took part in the inter-school debate competition.
• Hindi Diwas was celebrated on 14th September along with a Hindi prayer, and students spoke on our national language Hindi.
• Inter-House English Elocution was conducted in the same month. Students of the 9th and 10th gave speeches on topics such as “Proud to be an Indian”, “How to keep City clean”, “Water Conservation”.
• Our school went for “The Interact Club Installation Ceremony” in H.R. College where the board members were introduced.
• Our school also took part in interested Cascade held at Jamnabai Narsee School and a cultural event called SANSKRITI held at Villa Teresa School.
• Two students from our school participated in CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION and stood second and third at the district level and later were choose to participate at the National level.
• A SOCIAL EVENING was held on 29th October.
• Students and parents of class X given a motivational talk on “TIME AND STRESS MANAGEMENT”, where students were taught etiquettes of today’s world and the penned their thoughts on what the means to them.
THIRD TERM-JANUARY TO APRIL
• Our students will be participating in “Vogue” contest to be held at H.R.College which is a personality contest.
• In the month of April on the 22nd our students will be participating in “ALBERT BARROW MEMORIAL Inter School” creative writing competition.
ACTIVITIES OF THE RED CROSS CLUB OF THE YEAR OF 2010-2011
• Children from classes V to X had donated 1 rupee each for the welfare of the slum children.
• Food, clothes, stationery and other items were collected from the children for the under privileged.
• Children from our school had participated in the drawing competition (Greeting card making competition.
• The Red Cross Club students actively took part in the Independence Day celebration of the school Red Cross badges were distributed to these students on this day.
• Children from our school participated in “SANSKRITI” an inter-school talent competition which was held at Villa Theresa. Our children won prizes in various events and were declared the overall champions.
• Spreading awareness is one of the objectives of Red Cross. This was well achieved by the children of G.D.Somani Memorial School when they exhibited various ways through which one can save energy and water, and make our earth the most beautiful planet to live on.
ACTIVITIES OF THE BULLETIN BOARD CLUB OF THE YEAR OF 2010-2011
FIRST TERM-APRIL TO JULY
• Under the aegis of Bulletin Board Club, All India Camlin Contest was held at G.D Somani Memorial School. Our school seamed I, II and III positions.
• Bulletin Board students participated in the Project Tiger Slogan Campaign held at Campion School.
• Besides that Bulletin Board conducted various workshops on sketching, painting techniques and making things at of waste.
SECOND TERM-AUGUST TO OCTOBER
• The students of Bulletin Board Club participated in cascades, held at Jamnabai Narsee School.
• Our students participated in the Inter-school Poster Competition, held at Walsingham School.
• Students of Bulletin Board helped in the decoration for the cultural evening.
THIRD TERM-NOVEMBER TO MARCH
• Google logo design competition was held under the aegis of Bulletin Board.
• Students of Bulletin Board participated in Pidilite Stains Glass competition and ten prizes were won by our students.